How to Choose Jeans
How to Choose a Pair of Jeans
How to choose jeans? How to choose a pair of jeans. With so many different types of jeans out there, how do you choose the right jeans for you?
As a rule of thumb, simple and classic works best. Most of the new styles are fly-by-night experiments that simply go out of fashion quickly. Avoid low-slung and choose medium rise jeans, with the hem of the jeans resting just above the heel of your shoe.
As Carson Kressley humorously noted, here’s what a good pair of jeans should do for you:
- A good pair of jeans should fit and flatter.
- A good pair of jeans should feel like you’ve worn them forever.
- A good pair of jeans should make you feel at your most comfortable.
- A good pair of jeans should give you a nice basket, even if it’s not Easter.
- A good pair of jeans should make you look and feel sexy.
- A good pair of jeans should go with just about everything else in your wardrobe.
- They should get you laid. Oh, come on. Stop pretending to be shocked.
Jeans that look good on almost everyone:
These traditional five-pocket Levi’s look good anytime, anywhere. The medium indigo wash makes a pair of good all-purpose jeans, while a dark wash is appropriate for more stylish occasions, and a white pair is good for summer.
Another classic pair of jeans that will look good on almost everyone. Vintage denims and Levi’s 501s should feature in any billion dollar wardrobe.